Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is your studio?
For online lessons, my lessons are conducted via an online platform, whereas live lessons are conducted at my studio in downtown Westfield. At this time, due to the COVID pandemic, I am only offering online lessons until further notice.
What kind of students do you teach?
I specialize in teaching beginner-intermediate students, including children, adults, and seniors. I also have experience teaching students with special needs.
What kind of music do you teach?
A variety of musical genres: classical, pop, jazz, rock, sacred music and more. Studies in classical music offer an excellent foundation for playing in other genres.
How long are lessons?
I offer lessons in 30, 45 minute and 1 hour sessions. For serious guitar students who wish to accomplish even more in their lessons, I highly recommend 1 hour lessons.
What do students need to bring to their first lesson?
Students need to regularly bring to their lesson a pencil or pen, a notebook, a folder to keep notes in. In addition, they will be assigned guitar books and sheet music to purchase. They also need to have a guitar, a metronome (can be an app) and a tuner at home on which to practice.
How much do lessons cost?
Please e-mail me for my rates, and I will be happy to get back to you.
What does my tuition pay for?
- An individualized curriculum of guitar study tailored just for the student with a university trained teacher that cares
- Sheet music and musical research done especially for the growing needs of the student
- Access to a quality acoustic instrument in an internet-connected studio supplied with music teaching games, off-the-bench activities, educational apps, and studio prizes/incentives
- Up to two exciting recital opportunities per year
- Studio operational expenses including maintenance, tunings, teaching tools, taxes and more
- Teacher's professional development including conferences. professional associations, literature and more
Do you offer any discounts?
Yes! I offer a siblings discount which consists of a discount applied toward the tuition of the sibling(s) of the first child. I also offer a senior discount.
What next step should I take, if I would like lessons for myself or my child?
The next step would be to fill out this contact form and I would be happy to follow-up with you for a required phone interview or call (818) 472-6183 (best time to call is in the evenings after 6pm, or please kindly leave a message or send a text to this number).